Thursday, March 8, 2012

With Teeth by TalulaBlue

I’m so used to exclusively dealing with ff.net when it comes to reading or finding twi-fic that I often forget about this brilliant story when I’m asked about my list of best of the best. With Teeth is posted at Twilighted only. I am not too fond of that site. Mostly because it’s too flashy to discreetly sneak a read while I’m at work. Anywho, this is a marvelous story about a beautifully flawed and struggling Edward who meets Bella at a very wrong time in life. The realism is poignant and the sadness is touching.

With Teeth is definitely worth the trouble of taking a detour to Twilighted. Thank you, TalulaBlue.

Summary: Edward is a 27-year-old alcoholic/addict struggling with his recovery. Bella is a 23-year-old who's moved back home after college. This fic chronicles how they meet, fall in love, and struggle with the complexities of their relationship. Not nearly as maudlin as it sounds (I hope). Rated NC-17 for graphic (and sometimes non-romantic) sex, drug and alcohol use and abuse, profane language, and brief (very brief) suicidal ideation (although NO suicide attempts). No sexual assault, no cutting.

You can find it here. The beautiful blinkie is made by Rose Arcadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment